Deep Tissue Massage - What Is It and What are Its Benefits?
Deep Tissue Massage
What is Deep Tissue Massage and What are its Benefits?
GOOD QUESTIONS -
|Deep Tissue Massage Using the Therapist's Elbow and Forearm|
|Deep Tissue Massages Poolside|
Deep Tissue Massage -
- Firm pressure is applied to the client's muscles using the therapist's hands, fingertips, knuckles, elbows and forearms.
- Deep tissue massage stimulates the deeper layers of muscle tissue.
- The goal is to release tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas.
- The pressure will be more intense and the movement will be slower than in a more superficial massage.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage -
- Increases Blood Flow
- Increases Oxygen Circulation
- Increases Mobility
- Decreases Stress
- Decreases Chronic Pain
- Decreases Blood Pressure
- Decreases Tight Muscles
- Decreases Toxins from Muscles
- Decreases Recovery Time from Injuries
- Decreases Postural Problems
- Decreases Osteoarthritis Pain
Read about the History of Deep Tissue Massage.