SWEDISH MASSAGE - Did you know???
The Most Popular & Classic Form of the Soft Tissue Techniques
YES, SWEDISH MASSAGE ---
- Is also known as the 'SPA' MASSAGE
- Most common and best-known type of massage in the West
- Uses massage oils or lotions to enable SMOOTH movements
- Rhythmic and Relaxing massage
- Uses gliding strokes or touch
- Uses firm yet gentle, constant pressure but NOT deep pressure
- Extra pressure can be used on areas of specific muscle tension
- Eases muscle tension
- Based on anatomy and physiology as opposed to energy work
- Breaks up muscle knots (or adhesions)
- For relaxation and reduction of edema, the direction of the movement is toward the heart or in the direction of blood flow
- For fibrotic areas, a cross-fiber direction is used
- Various parts of the hand, forearm, and elbow may be used during Swedish massage
- Pioneered by a Swedish physiologist Per Henrik Ling at the University of Stockholm
- Swedish massage is the foundation massage for other massage techniques (deep tissue massage, sports massage, and aromatherapy massage.
|Tammara using gliding Swedish massage strokes|
(located at the San Diego Tennis and Racquet Club)
4848 Tecolote Road
San Diego, CA. 92110
CALL TO BOOK YOUR MASSAGE TODAY!